Once in a lifetime opportunity to spearhead a new and much-needed science of K-12 classroom computer learning analytics in a well-funded internationally growing company in collaboration with teachers and academia. We are changing the way teachers, educators, parents and students understand and assess 21st-century learning.
The position requires an experienced educational data analyst and passionate about education and data, preferably with experience in learning and behavioural analytics.
You will work with a small team of young motivated professional web developers, back-end and App developers and marketers to achieve our goals of improving computer learning in schools.
Your analytical skills will help leaders in this the educational industry, including academics at UTS,ACER, SoLAR.
Regarding the Project
You will be required to analyse and find the correlation between students computer usage and their outcomes.
We will be providing you with the un-identifiable data from our customers, you will be responsible to handle this data securely and present us any interesting findings with demonstrable evidence.
To be successful in this contract role, your skills will include:
Strong understanding of business rules within a database.
- Extensive experience in design and development of database structures.
- Extensive experience with SQL
- Strong experience with at least one of the following: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Redshift.
- Experience with at least one of the statistical / visualization packages such as Python, R, SPSS, elasticsearch / Kibana etc.
- Experience with machine learning/data mining techniques such as decision tree learning, clustering, artificial neural network or similar.
- Educated to a minimum of degree level in a highly analytical discipline such as Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science or Mathematics.
- Agree to sign our NDA.
- Educational and/or behavioural science background, so you can ask the right questions and not just answer them.
- Strong Presentation Skills eg (PPT, Excel)
- Experience in stored procedures.
If you feel you would qualify please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your current resume and we’ll be in touch.